Monday, January 10, 2011

I haven't been blogging, but I've sure been knitting!

OK!  I promised some photos of all my Christmas gift-knitting, and here they are!  I knit these awesome Felted Slippers from French Press Knits for all my sisters and my momma.  I think they were a hit!
They are surprisingly easy to knit up, and the felting isn't that hard either.  They look a bit more challenging than they actually are.  Also, they are SUPER warm since they are just a thick layer of wool when you're done!  Here's a couple more detail shots...




The other fun thing I've been working on is a hat for myself based on the one Hermione wore in the Deathly Hallows.  If you see the movie, keep your eyes out for the knits she wears in the Godrics Hollow scene.  They are gorgeous.  Here's the movie hat...

And the version I made, based on a pattern a fellow Raveler created.  It's not exactly right, and with a little tweaking, I could probably get it to look a lot closer, but here it is.  I'm pretty happy with it even though it is a bit different in shape.  ok, and I just couldn't resist the Harry Potter-inspired wand shot.  I'm feeling a little nerdy tonight.  What can I say?



At any rate, it's 1 am, and I need to get some shut eye.  There's plenty more knitting to be done tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment