Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life, and Other Stuff

So everyone around me is having babies.  Lots of babies everywhere.  My sister in law, my two best friends, one of whom just had her baby, and so many of my other friends!  I haven't even begun knitting the blanket for my friend who just had her baby!  So many babies to knit for these days!  Needless to say, I've got babies on the brain, and am currently knitting my first ever sweater!  Granted, it's in miniature as it's for my future nephew, but I'm still pretty proud of my progress so far.  It'll be good practice for when Nick and I start our own little family in the (nearish) future.

Since I have babies on the brain, I'm trying to get my life and self ready for the day when I have my own.  There is so much to do.   The past 4 years or so I have gained a LOT of weight.  Not super proud of that, but it is the truth.  Nick and I went through some stressful stuff, and I have a problem with stress eating and using food as a crutch.  Without getting into the details, we endured quite a lot of crap through our engagement and the first three years of our marriage because of the strangeness of people, and I just let it get to me.  SOOO, quite a few pounds later, here I am realizing that I will have made it quite hard on myself to be pregnant at this weight.  Thus, I have joined weight watchers.  I've done it before and it totally works, I just have never been able to stick with it.  For whatever reason I hit a wall after about three weeks.

Well I'm praying for grace, and asking the Lord to help me deal with my underlying issues, and this time I am going to do it!  I just want to get healthy and lose this weight so that I can have a happy and heathy family (and wear super cute clothes.  not going to lie.  that's also exciting to me!).  It's only been a few days, and it's not going to be easy, but it will be so worth it.  My goal is to lose between 35 and 40 pounds by the end of june.  It's a big goal, but I can do it.  By the grace of God I can do it.

In the mean time I'll be knitting baby sweaters and blankets and booties for all my friends, and counting down the pounds until I am knitting for my own little bean.  And now I'm off to finish my little nephew's sweater!  I'll post pics when I'm done.  Just in case you are interested in the pattern I'm knitting, you can find it here - The Dede cardigan.



Happy knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment